Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 9x9 tray
· 2 lbs Grated cassava(frozen pack)
· 1 lb Grated coconut (frozen pack)
· ¼ lb Butter softened or vegan margarine
· ½ lb Sugar
· ½ lb Raisins (optional)
· ½ cup Coconut milk
· 1 tsp Nutmeg, ground
· 1 ½ tsp Cinnamon, ground
· 1 tbsp Vanilla or mixed essence
· ½ cup Cassava flour
· pinch Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease a 9 x 9 baking pan and line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the grated cassava, grated coconut and softened butter or margarine.
3. In another bowl, combine the sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, coconut milk and salt.
4. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the wet ingredients to the cassava/coconut mixture until well combined. Add the cassava flour.
5. Pour batter into the baking dish bake for about 1.5 hours. Test with a toothpick. If toothpick comes out clean, pone is ready. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature. The texture will be soft and sticky