Yield: serves 2-4
2 tbsp Vegetable oil
2 Boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup Chopped red pepper
4 tsp Cornstarch
(mixed with 4 teaspoons water)
1 cup Canned pineapple chunks
(drained with 1/2 cup reserved juice)
3 tbsp Light brown sugar
3 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup Chicken stock
1/2 cup Chopped green pepper
1. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
2. Season chicken strips and add to pan. Brown chicken and remove to plate.
3. Add red and green peppers and cook for 1 minute.
4. Stir in pineapple chunks, juice, sugar, vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce begins to reduce.
5. Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring liquid to a simmer.
6. Stir in chicken strips and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Serve over rice.